Summer is unfortunately coming to an end but it has managed to be somewhat productive. The family managed to paint the downstairs 2 different colors. Mom and dad managed to choose one color that wasn't pastel and is actually a darker color (of course if me and my sisters had it our way, the darker color would be something close to black :P ). The ceiling was also done so it no longer has a checkered look to it. We're finally getting rid of stuff and getting the downstairs cleaned and we'll soon (hopefully) be painting the entryway and the hallway upstairs. Aside from doing renovations on the house, we've done a couple of weekend trips to L.A. and Quebec City. Both were great family times though Quebec was a lot colder than usual and has unfortunately been suffering from an extreme amount of cloudy and rainy days. We did manage to get 2 semi-sunny days while there which was nice. One first with the Quebec trip is that we flew there instead of the typical 13 hour drive we usually do. I have to say that it was nice traveling only 2-3 hours and not being exhausted when getting to my uncle's place. While there, I tried Dance Dance Revolution for the first time in my life. Let's just say I have no dancing coordination and failed several times (to the massive amusement of my cousins and sisters). I don't think I've heard my cousin, Felix, grunt so many times in frustration as he did when I was "dancing" (or rather attempting).
To finish up, a macbook has recently entered the family of (extemely old) computers (we have one mac that dates way back though thankfully it's a small dinosaur). I've always liked macs better than pcs and I'm quite happy with the macbook. Certain things are a bit slower but overall performance is good and I actually trust it more than a pc (thinking back to the time in grade 12 where the biology class had to write a scientific paper and everyone or almost everyone in the class pretty much lost there papers on their pcs and I was happy to have my paper done on an old, dependable mac). Anyway, this unfortunately enters into the huge argument of which computer is better, Macs or PCs. I personally like Macs better just cause I've had better experiences with them but I have heard others having huge problems with Macs and therefore liking PCs better. So, I will say they both have their pros and cons and the best computer is one that fits your preferences.
No comments:
Post a Comment