Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas has come and gone and The New Year is coming

Okay, lengthy title but I have lost my creativity for very short, inspiring titles. Hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone and that the New Year is coming upon us so quickly. Not sure what I can really say about 2006. It was an interesting year. The summer held the first time that I've spent so much time at a camp and been away from my parents. It was difficult, but it was a good experience. School has gone better in 2006 even though I am disappointed about not graduating this year having not liking having to do more work for my French courses than I am normally use to. Oh well, I'll live. I managed to complete the list of movies that I wanted to watch during this year and am tempted to make a new list of books to finish by January 1st (though I'm not sure if that will be possible).
It's weird how vacation has flown by and soon I will be back in school (blah). It's funny how, before on vacation, you plan to do certain things during vacation but never do it. For me, it was writing a couple of French papers but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Maybe I'll do it on the 2nd just to get me in the school mood. Not likely but it's a thought.
I have since given up on New Year's Resolutions as I don't think I ever remember them or else have never actually accomplished one. I may be stupid later and make a resolution.
Tomorrow is my birthday which I find extremely weird and I will be turning the horribly old age of 22. Not finding it as bad as 20 or 21. Guess I'm finally getting use to the fact that I am in my 20s now. It's interesting that health wise and body aging wise, everything goes down hill when you stop growing which ranges from age 16-22. So I am on the downward spiral and will probably notice that my trip down will gain speed as I get older (kind of depressing but oh well, such is life). Okay, I have kind of ended this on a depressing note. Too tired right now to think of something more uplifting to end this with.
The books that I am planning to finish by New Year's day are "Darwin's Black Box", "In Quest of Jesus" and "Redeeming love". We'll see if I accomplish this or not. So far I've been finding the first 2 really boring and have been trying to finish them for over a year now (definitely time to finish them). Third one is definitely more interesting and is written by Francine Rivers (I think).
Not sure if I'll write something before New Year's Day so Happy New Year to everyone and I wish everyone a great year in 2007!

No comments: