Friday, December 22, 2006

Christmas specials and figure skating

I think one of the things I love about the winter time are the Christmas specials and figure skating. I have to admit that I haven't been as passionate about figure skating as I was when I was a child but every so often I do like to watch it, especially around the time of the olympics.
Anyway, last night I watched Brian Orser's Christmas special (for those of you who don't know, Brian Orser was an Olympic figure skater about 20 years ago). In the special was a man by the name of Gary Beacom. Probably not as well known as Brian Orser, Kurt Browning or Elvis Stojko. He is actually quite entertaining to watch and his performances are...different. I had actually seen one of his performances in some sort of skating special a few years ago where he skated to the song "I'm Your Man" and remembered it to be quite unique. To give all of you a taste of his uniqueness, I have provided to videos from when he competed professionally (and believe it or not, he actually won a bronze medal at an Olympics).
Anyway, enjoy and think to yourself, if I was a judge, how would I score this :P.


No comments: